CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 10, 2007

Greatest Athletes By Number - #00

I am going to attempt to start going through and getting opinions on who you believe is the greatest athlete at each jersey starting at #00-#99.

There are not many who wore the #00 in sports, but there were a few that could get the best at this number.

My choice for this number is Robert Parish of the Boston Celtics, Charlotte Hornets and Chicago Bulls. Robert Parish played the most games ever for an NBA player at 1611. I am not a huge NBA fan so you probably will not see many make it through on my list, but when Parish played are the days of the NBA that I remember the most. He was a very unselfish player who won 4 NBA championships with the Celtics and Bulls, was a 9-time All-Star and was selected as one of the NBA's best 50 players. He was elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2003.

The only other player I could find of any popularity with this number was Jim Otta, Oakland Raiders center in the 60's and 70's.

2 opinions:

aaronkallner said...

I would have to agree with the Chief. Is Gilbert Areneas considered in this group or is he different because he is only single 0? If he keeps playing like he had before the injury he may be a close #2 some day.

Aaron K

Aaron McCray said...

Aaron,

Thanks for the post. I wondered about Areneas but I knew his jersey just stated #0, guess since there is not many we can throw him in here also. I agree he would be getting up there if he continues his trends. The Chief was a great team player and definitely was a crucial part of those great Celtic teams.